Meal prep or meal preparation is a process of preparing and planning meals for a short period of time. Generally, meal preparation includes preparing meals ahead of time for a short period. Usually, people do that when they have some specific fitness or health goal. For example, weight loss weight gain, muscle building or maybe following some kind of diet plan.
In such cases, people organise and plan their meal like what they gonna eat in a day or 3 days or maybe week. reparation to standardize food portions. During Meals prep, people cook their food and store it in containers.
Benefits of Meal prep
1. It can save you as you don’t have to prepare a meal multiple times.
2. You’ll save money. When you already have meal prep you might not buy food from outside.
3. You can better manage your diet plan.
4. It might lower your stress level.
5. It may inspire your friends or family to follow meal prep.
How meal prepping can be harmful for health?
1. Meal prepping can sometimes be harmful to health as you keep your food in plastic containers which contain BPA. Exposure to food with BPA in plastic can be harmful as well as affect your consumption.
2. A lot of food items are highly perishable and cannot last for long.
3. Keep food for more than 12 hours can make it stale and harmful for health.
4. Fresh fruit and vegetables and more nutritious and flavorful. Which is not possible with meal prepping.
Can store meal for a week
Yes, You can prepare food for a week but for that, you need to be very careful about your food choices. Like you can add milk, Curd, banana for more than 2 days. So, if you are preparing your meal you should add foods that can last longer and also take care of some other aspects.
Rules of Meal prepping
1 Once you’re your meal prepared, make sure you don’t transfer your meals into a container hot.
2. Keep your food in airtight Tupperware and storing them in the fridge.
3. Do not keep your meal at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
4. If you are using meal prep containers and have stored your cooked meal prep well, it can last in the fridge for up to 7 days.
5. Some foods that are highly perishable like milk can not last for 7 days. So, even if you are adding such food in your meal prep, add it in the first 2 days meal only.
Also, read MEDITERRANEAN DIET FOR VEGETARIANS