Dietary supplements are substances to raise the number of nutrients in your diet in the form of pills, tablets, powder, and liquid.
These nutritional supplements are mainly taken by athletes, sportsmen, and bodybuilders. Dietary supplements are not necessary or medicine to cure or diagnose any diseases.
These supplements are generally to boost your performance, and to fill up deficiencies.
supplements could be harmful to health if consumed excessively or without prescribed by a professional. Reading the cautions, manufacturing, ingredients, guidelines and, usage methods mentioned on the packaging is equally important before consuming or buying.
What are supplements to take when muscle cutting:-
- A multivitamin helps boost the energy level therefore its important. When you don’t get needed vitamins your body gets easily exhausted while performing simple tasks.
- Multivitamin also maintain muscle mass and it has a lot of nutrients required.
- It refreshes the mood, certain studies show that multivitamins improves a person’s mood and brain functioning.
Side effects: Constipation, Nausea, Abdominal pain, Dizziness, and Vomiting.
2. BCAAs (Branched-chain of amino acids)
- BCAAs are chains of amino acids and they are- leucine, Isoleucine, Valine.
- It helps to Reduce Fatigue so that hard workout can be done easily.
- It makes the Immune System strong for doing high-volume training repeatedly for days.
Side effects: BCAAs can have bad effects when taken in large amounts and can affect blood sugar, and other common effects like Headache, Nausea, and Fatigue.
3. Whey Protein
- Whey Protein is deemed as a complete protein and it has all 9 amino acids and a very low amount of lactose.
- It promotes lean muscle mass growth because it has amino acids in the protein, creating building blocks for muscle growth.
- It increase muscle protein synthesis by amino acids present in whey protein.
Side effects: acne, nausea, lessened hunger, and headache.
To Know When to Take Whey Protein Before Or After Workout check this article.
- Glutamine is an important amino acid with many functions in the body.
- It is a building block of protein and a important part of the immune system.
- Glutamine has a special role in intestinal health.
Side effects: dizziness, rashes, vomit, back pain, joint pain.
5. Fat Burner/ Thermogenic
Thermogenic actually means the production of heat. That is why thermogenic are those supplements that work as a fat burner and improve metabolism. The most common are Caffeine and Green tea.
Generally, there are no such side effects of thermogenic but they might cause few very common side effects like Nausea, Headache, Stomach pain, Dizziness, and Constipation.
We have discussed dietary supplements for muscle cutting and their benefits and possible side effects. We discussed mentioned supplements:-
- BCCAs ( Branched-chain of amino acids)
- Whey Protein
- And, Fat burner/ Thermogenic
Check this article to know TOP 10 MUSCLE BUILDING NUTRITION.