A sound health and a good lifestyle are the key aspects of a meaningful life. However, this could be achieved with regular exercise, healthy food habits and a good sleep. When we exercise, our body tones up. We lose fat and become fit. Moreover, exercise also tends to make our body flexible. But how to enhance flexibility ?
What is flexibility ? Also known as limberness, it is the smooth movement of joints. This targets perfect locomotion of joints in an anatomical way. Flexibility differs in person to person. However, one can get flexible with certain stretches and exercises.
Advantages Of Flexibility
Having a flexible body is no less than a boon. Additionally, it is a sign of good health. Hence, here are a few advantages of flexibility.
- One is bound to get less injured.
- It overcomes the harmful consequences of a sedentary lifestyle.
- Limberness creates balance between muscle and joints.
- It improves posture.
- It enhances joint mobility.
Tips To Enhance Flexibility
Apart from exercising, there are several other factors that contribute to a flexible body. Thus, here are a few tips to enhance your performance.
- Choose a workout type according to your body. It is important to select a form that suits your body type. For example, weightlifting is good for athletes; yoga is good for everyone.
- Your food should contain enough proteins. The amount of proteins has a direct connection with flexibility. The more the protein content, the more the exercise quality. And better exercise means more flexible joints.
- Don’t forget to include warm up before exercise. Warmup is a method of preparing the body for a workout. These are mini-exercises that give a boost to your joints and muscles.
- Massage your body with lukewarm oil. Giving a good massage to the body has numerous benefits. The oil penetrates deep into the skin to give a calming effect to the body.
- Drink plenty of water. Evidently, hydration is the key. When you drink water, it activates your entire system. You feel fresh and rejuvenated. You can add a few lemon or orange slices to give a nice flavour and fragrance.
Stretches To Get A Flexible Body
- Stretch No. 1 This exercise affects the neck, glutes and calves. In this, stand straight. Exhale and then bend at the hips, till your head reaches near your feet. Be in that position for 45 seconds and then return.
- Stretch No. 2 This exercise also known as Frog stretch. In this, lie on the ground. Now, stretch both your legs apart. Put your hands at a gap of at least a foot apart. The stretch is just like how a frog looks. Doing this for 30 seconds is good for a start.