What is Keto Diet?
A ketogenic or keto diet is a high fat, low carb diet that has many benefits. This drastic carb reduction is supposed to burn fat faster all while maintaining energy. The replacement for the low carbs is fat such as butter, healthy oils, eggs, nuts, etc. It is also essential to be loaded with protein in order to provide enough energy to the body.
The metabolic state at which the body loses fat is called ketosis, hence the name. Research shows that such a diet can help you lose weight as well as fight against cancer, epilepsy, Alzheimer’s, etc. Since there is a significant reduction in carbs, the main source of energy – glucose is limited.
You’ve nailed your meal plan, but it’s 5pm and now you’re hungry. You could munch on a slice of cheese, but that’s definitely not sustainable. You need flavourful and filling snacks on hand. Protein bars may meet the right criteria but can contain large amounts of sweeteners and carbs. Keto bars are high in protein and fiber, low in carbs that help you stay full during ketosis. A few common ingredients are assorted nuts, protein (whey/pea), egg whites and natural sweeteners, etc.
The following are the best Keto Bars according to professionals :
- Keto Bars – This was one of the first companies designated for keto established in 2012. They are loaded with the right amount of fat and protein required by keto dieters. In addition to that, they are dairy-free, gluten-free, and soy-free. There is a chocolate peanut butter and chocolate coconut flavor. These also use artificial sweeteners like stevia.
- Pegan Protein Bars – Pegan Protein Bars strike the right balance of macros and contain tons of organic plant protein. They are thin and come in a variety pack of five delicious flavours.
- DNX – These tend to contain a little more carbs than the rest but they compensate with flavour. These are made from free-range chicken or grass fed beef, egg whites, nuts, organic dates and dehydrated vegetables. These offer a wide variety of flavour and ff you love jerky, this is for you.
- Dang – These significantly famous plant based nutrient rich bars are keto-friendly. Pea protein, sunflower seeds, nuts etc are the main ingredients. They offer bars in lemon match and cardamom chai flavours. They also contain a chicory fiber making it the best complaint for gut-health.
- Perfect bars – If you are craving healthy desserts this is it. Perfect Keto bars are low carbs, low sugar bars provide 5 different flavours including birthday cake, cinnamon roll, chocolate chip cookie dough etc. These keto-friendly carbs consist of minimal ingredients and are dairy free with collagen protein.
For more :